NASFAA recently announced the launch of NASFAA University, a new learning program for financial aid professionals. NASFAA University will be rolled out during the next few months through multiple learning formats. This five part training program consists of:
- Complete an independent study on specific topics using a Self study guide.
- Take an instructor-led online course.
- Demonstrate five or more years of variable work experience (details coming soon)
- Attend a state or regional boot camp that uses the approved NASFAA University curriculum (coming in 2013)
- Receive personal training via NASFAA University On-Site Services (coming in 2012)
After completing this training program, the aid administrator will be allowed to sit for an examination.
This program provides a nationally-recognized standard in financial aid training which will give the administrator a professional credential, attesting to their achievement. More information about this program can be found at www. nasfaa.org. I think this is a good first step, what do you think?