By: Pamela Eliadis, Service Director, System Operations & Aid Delivery Management, Federal Student Aid
January 11, 2013
We are pleased to announce the availability of an updated NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, a comprehensive document containing step-by-step instructions for reporting enrollment, using both the batch and online options.
The updates to the guide, most recently published in November 2012, include the following changes to the file layouts in the Appendix:
- The Reporting values for the fields Term Begin Date, Term End Date, and Credential Level have been correctly labeled as “Optional”. These three fields were incorrectly labeled as “Mandatory” in the November 2012 posting.
Note: While these fields are optional, schools are encouraged to provide the data when possible. This is particularly true with Credential Level. Providing the credential level of the academic program that a student completed when reporting the enrollment status of ‘G’ (Graduated) will assist the Department in tracking the success of the use of Title IV funds.
- The Reporting value for Address Effective Date has been changed from “Mandatory” to “Mandatory, Conditional” to clarify it is required only if an address is provided.
- The Reporting value for Good Address Flag has been corrected from “N/A” to “Optional”.
- The field positions for Student Address State/Province have been revised to clarify it is a two position field, not three, and the extra space has been identified as filler.
- The fields sizes for Error Code 1 through Error Code 5 have been adjusted to clarify they are two position fields, and the extra spaces have been identified as filler.
The updated guide, dated January 11, 2013, is now available on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, in the NSLDS Reference Materials, NSLDS User Documentation section.
If you have questions about NSLDS, contact the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 800/999-8219. You can also contact Customer Support by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.