The Higher Education Assistance Group, Inc. (HEAG), a comprehensive financial aid consulting group based in Wellesley, MA, has an opening for a Senior Project Manager/Title IV Compliance Specialist to oversee various new and ongoing client engagements, as well as provide support to both HEAG clients and HEAG consultants. The opportunity is full-time and would consist of both remote and onsite travel, as necessary.
- Must be competent and well-versed in the compliant administration of Title IV Student Financial Aid Programs and able to manage responsibilities in a strategic, yet functional capacity.
- Expert ability to provide guidance and/or carry out specific deliverables within one or more of the following areas:
- Non-Term Programs; Functional Training Level (Clock and Credit Hour), including determining both Program and Student Eligibility for Title IV
- Non-Standard Term Programs; Functional Training Level (Clock and Credit Hour), including determining both Program and Student Eligibility for Title IV
- Borrower Based Academic Year; Functional Training Level (Clock and Credit Hour), including Grade Level Progression, SAP and Eligibility
- Academic Year Mapping (AY dates, Payment Periods, Disbursement Dates, etc.; Standard, Non-Standard, Non-Term)
- Gainful Employment; Program Designation, Reporting Requirements, Disclosure Requirements
Disbursement Review (School, COD Records Match)
- Cost of Attendance Research and Development
- SAP Policy Writing and Review for Federal Compliance (Annual and Payment Period Basis)
- Verification QA Review
- Consumer information Compliance Testing (Catalogue, Website, Document review)
- Other Quality Assurance Testing (Packaging, Disbursement, etc.)
- Special Compliance/Training Projects as assigned
- Ability to navigate through other Title IV-related compliance requirements impacting other departments across campus (Admission, Registrar, Bursar, etc.).
- Must have an understanding of student services within a Higher Education environment.
- Must be familiar with Student Information Systems and critical Title IV related compliance requirements.
- Must have general Technical Understanding.
- Ability to manage both planning and implementation phases of project including: defining scope, creating a detailed work plan, managing resources, developing project schedules, executing the project plan, monitoring progress, applying adjustments when needed and ensuring the project is completed as defined by the final project plan.
- Must lead by initiating collaboration, asking questions, documenting responses and exploring alternative methods and process improvements.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Must have the ability to research complex compliance issues and communicate findings and other important issues effectively to all college staff, including Executives.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters preferred.
- 6-10 years in a management level role in Student Services and/or Enrollment Management, ideally in a leadership role in financial aid.
- A strong understanding of financial aid compliance, as well as admissions, registrar and bursar Title IV related functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with a range of on-campus personnel.
- Exceptional coordination abilities.
- General understanding of Integrated Student Information Systems.
- Prior project management experience is a strong plus, but not mandatory.
- Prior Financial Aid consulting experience is a strong plus, but not mandatory.
Please email cover letter, resume, list of references and salary expectations to: email@example.com.